Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nice to meet you, Asheville

So this is the town that recently tied Portland as beer city, USA. Quite nice, I must say. So much like Portland, just less crowded and slightly nicer people. As a lover of the great outdoors and of great beer, I could not have found a better place to re-locate to from Portland. I am still getting my feet and my taste buds wet. Not usually a problem for a Portlander where we all supposedly have webbed feet and have a micro-brewery on every street corner. Yet, from what I have tasted, there is quality to be found here.

My first night out with the misses took me to Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co. for a pint(or three) and a movie. While the movie was not highly intellectual, "Bruno" did give me an excuse to keep downing the wonderful nectar that flowed generously from their taps. I almost wish I had taken a notebook with me so that I could have jotted down some of the nuances that permeated the sudsy beverages. As a local, you already know them and as an implant, I am sure I will get to know them better.

I have since tried a few interestingly labled bottles from the east coast without any true stand outs. I will start adding my reviews, especially for some of the new brews on the autumnal horizon. Fall is my favorite beer time of the year with some of the heavier and more flavorful offerings springing to life.

Overall, though, I am very pleased to have re-located here. It is very nice to meet you, Asheville. I can't wait to get to know you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment